RevServer set-up on OSX Server

Keith Clarke keith.clarke at clarkeandclarke.co.uk
Sun Dec 12 11:57:46 EST 2010

On 12 Dec 2010, at 13:37, Andre Garzia wrote:

> irgh!!!!
>
> at least the revserver part worked right?
I don't know!! I was rebooting to allow me to copy over the test page when it died (aaargh!)

> What I do here is this:
>
> * I use superduper to make a bootable clone of my HD in an external Hard
> Drive.
> * In the rare cases that my mac goes crazy, I reboot from the external hd
> and then fix the problem.
>
> most of the times my mac will not hang during boot but some other stuff
> sometimes makes it unresponsive, for these cases, I usually use a secondary
> laptop and ssh to reboot the silly apple machine.
Good ideas about back-up and remote mgt but I think I've got some kind of hardware failure, as the Mini isn't completing its POST because I can't force it to start with a system DVD or reboot via remote server admin tools.

Looks like it's the genius bar for me!