Dictionary has stopped working

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Dec 10 20:21:13 EST 2010

On 12/10/10 5:02 PM, Joe Lewis Wilkins wrote:
> In my case the windows have been getting smaller. I'll probably end
> up doing the same thing, though that's how programs get bloated; not
> solving the real issues; just using "work-arounds"; real spaghetti
> code. It is reassuring to know that it's not just me. (smile)

It's almost certainly your menubar. On Mac, the stack shrinks to hide
the menu group, and puts the menus in the system menu bar instead.
That's just how it works.

During development, turn off Preview in Menubar in the menu builder.
That should stop it. After that the menu group will be at the top of the
card as before. Also, uncheck the destroystack property in the stack
inspector, there was a bug in the engine that caused stacks with
menubars to shrink when building standalones if that was turned on in
some cases.

Before building a standalone, turn Preview back on.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com