iOS Apps Update Model - Trigger

Sannyasin Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Thu Dec 9 22:55:34 EST 2010

"Way cool" Chipp (and Andre)! We could use this here for sure...

Otherwise, for the app store, everytime you want to add a new module to your
application you have to push a new version.

Musings: But, how does iOS filter downloads to even know that it is code? In
theory I can download a text file and save it to one of the sandbox folders
for my app. ( I hope!) I wonder if you could just load up a bunch of scripts
into a text file, then download and save the text file and then populate a
template stack with your script by parsing the text file. It if were a smart
XML file it might even know what kind of objects the nodes should be come. A
hack for downloading "substacks"... or perhaps iOS looks for flags like
if-then statements or other obvious code structures, even in text files....

OT: how do you provision a device that is "remote" i.e. what if i want
someone to beta test an app and he lives in New Jersey... can I provision
his device from Hawaii by sending him some kind of key... i.e our
"enterprise" comprises individuals all over the world.