combine...doesn't?

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Thu Dec 9 13:04:13 EST 2010

I think the thing with arrays is that there are 2 types (apparently). One kind is referenced by the name and then the numerical x,y coordinates of the element you want. This is NOT the one that Livecode uses. The other type uses named keys,  where the first "element" so to speak is the name of the key. So whatever you are trying to convert needs to take that into consideration.

I think the combine and spit functions could resolve this right quick by having an arguement saying whether or not to create or strip the keys upon conversion, so that the ACTUAL data is what you get. But what do I know? And as an aside I have no idea what a multidimensional array would look like once converted to a string.

Bob