ANN: glx2 is now open source

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 16:53:40 EST 2010

On 12/06/2010 11:45 PM, Peter Brigham MD wrote:
> On Dec 6, 2010, at 12:25 PM, Keith Clarke wrote:

>>> Mathmetician - The glass is BOTH half empty AND half full.
>> Zen monk - There is no glass... there is no monk.
>
> Gourmand - the glass *was* half full.... I think it was a 2007 Cab, a
> bit too fruity, I'd give it an 89.

What fusses me is that in all of this discussion about half-full glasses
there is not reference to
the person(s) who perceive(s) the glass to be half-full: a tree falling
in a forest where there are
no witnesses makes no sound.

Now, in my experience as a Philosophy graduate; a half full wine glass
generally requires
the involvement of a partially sated wine-bibber.

What we really need to consider here is how many half-glasses have to be
imbibed before the
wine-bibber is unable to tell whether the glass in front of him/her is
full, half-full, empty, broken
on the floor, rolled under the table, or morphed into a frog that has
then winked in a highly
satirical fashion at the wine-bibber!