LineSize

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 6 01:05:12 EST 2010

--- On Sun, 12/5/10, Hershel Fisch <hershrev at syp2u4c.com> wrote:
> Hi all, I'm wondering why when I set
> the lineSize of a line to1 and the
> height to 1 the line is not seen on the screen?
> Thanks,  Hershel

Because there has to be actual room to show the line itself. If you look at the inspector palette after selecting a simple horizontal line, you'll see the 'points' property is something like:
##
50,100
300,100
##
Now switch to the 'Size & Position' panel. You'll see that the 'rectangle' of the graphic actually fits around the line:
##
49,99,301,101
##
Thus the 'minimum' height of the graphic is (101-99) = 2. My preferred methd of updating a line graphic is setting the 'points' property, and letting the engine update the 'rectangle' acordingly.

Jan Schenkel.
=====
Quartam Reports & PDF Library for LiveCode
www.quartam.com

=====