How to make a square topped, round rect bottomed graphic?

Roger Guay irog at mac.com
Sat Dec 4 19:03:44 EST 2010

Bob Earp wrote:

> Hey Roger,
> Wasn't this the Trace tool in SC ?  You were always impressed with
> that ;-)
>
> Seeing it was in SC, I would have thought somebody that still has SC
> and is a lot brighter than the two of us put together, could "extract"
> and clone the appropriate script.
>
> BTW, what's all of this "Howdy" ?  Methinks you've been spending too
> much time in Montana !!
>
> best, Bob...

You're right of course. You saw right through my transparent attempt to get one of the many geniuses on this list to build this tool in LiveCode. After all, LiveCode is ten times the tool that SuperCard ever was/is, even w/o the multi-platform feature. Heck, I could do it myself if I could figure out how to get the color of a pixel by location programmatically.

And, thanks to Richard Gaskin who, in the next post, summarized the history of SuperCard, much of which I had forgotten. He's right of course, the Trace tool was a SuperEdit tool.

There are no verbal salutations in Montana since one doesn't encounter another person often enough to warrant one. A tip of your cowboy hat is all that's needed.

Tip of the Hat,
Roger Guay