Copy field problem

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Tue Aug 31 11:43:45 EDT 2010

I think this is working exactly as intended. If you were working in an object oriented application, and you made an instance of a field object, you wouldn't want the contents of the field to ALSO be instanced. Data should by nature be separate from the form objects that display them. Hypercard confused us a bit because the card with all it's objects was both the record AND the form. A very odd thing if you think about it. But with Revolution, as I have said before, I think cards should really be used as forms, and the persistent data should be stored elsewhere.

Try making your field a label field. I bet the content copies fine.

Bob