Copy field problem

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Aug 31 08:44:44 EDT 2010

jonathandlynch wrote:

 > When I print from my faerie tale editing program, I create a print
 > stack and copy groups to cards in the print stack.
 >
 > All fields that are copied must have their shared text set to true
 > or they will copy over empty.
 >
 > I had thought that was standard behavior for Rev?

It is.

If you want the text of a field to be shared across multiple cards, then
turning on the sharedText property will be necessary.

When turned off, the text of a field is bound to the record of the card
on which the field is present, rather than to the field itself, in order
to allow multiple cards using the field to each have their own text
displayed in that object.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World