Copy field problem

Alex Shaw alex at harryscollar.com
Tue Aug 31 07:26:18 EDT 2010

Hi Richmond

The problem is THAT particular saved stack ie
http://www.harryscollar.com/teststack.rev
.. is showing the problem.

The stack I uploaded has not been binary edited in any way and was
initially created by code from a project I'm working on.

In the project the stack is a simple temporary, in-memory data stack,
created whenever the application is started. When I noticed the problem
I stripped all other elements from the stack so that only one of the
problem fields was left and then saved it as a on-disk stack. Obviously
this process of elimination still left me with a field that still
wouldn't copy properly to another stack with the copy to stack command.

btw it doesn't matter whether the destination stack is named or saved, I
just wanted a quick test process for others to follow and replicate the
problem.

My concern is how/why the stack or field itself got corrupted so that it
cannot be copied when the copy to stack command works fine in every
other situation, regardless of the 'sharedText' property. Don't think
I've tested the complete range of situations but enough to know
something isn't right.

regards
alex