Inserting unicodeText into a unicode string? #3

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Sun Aug 29 12:02:48 EDT 2010

Set up a simple stack with a button and a field.  Put some text into the
field, and in the button put

on mouseup
put the selectedchunk
end mouseup

Make sure you have an active insertion point in the field and click the
button.

It should put something like "char 22 to 21 of field 1" into the message
box.

If you had a selection it would be char firstpositionnumber to char
secondpositionnumber.  Since its just an insertion point it will always be
of the relation -- word 2 is 1 more than word 4.

As well, the dictionary contains this:

insertion point.

Examples:
the selectedChunk
put the selectedChunk into storedChunk

Use the selectedChunk function to determine which text is selected.

Value:
The selectedChunk function returns a chunk expression of the form
 char startChar to endChar of field fieldNumber
*