Determining LAN IP

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Thu Aug 26 18:50:14 EDT 2010

Hi Everyone

To determine the domain name of the computer Rev is running on we use hostName() and to turn that into an IP we use hostNameToAddress(hostName()). If you are behind a router this will return your LAN IP however if your computer is using a modem it will return a public IP. I need a reliable LAN IP so I can ask the user to enter it into their iPhone to connect to my sync server. Should I just be parsing ifconfig and ipconfig and forget about hostName() or what?

Cheers

Monte