Datagrid Column Names

Jim Ault jimaultwins at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 23 03:18:53 EDT 2010

Actually, it may be that using any reserved word as a column name
would be tricky.
You would need to be sure to a quoted string in all the right places,
but even that might trip the script library routines that make data
grids function.

Just like variables in scripts.

Column labels can be any ASCII string.
Hmmm, but can labels be unicode?

On Aug 23, 2010, at 12:04 AM, Andre.Bisseret wrote:

> Bonjour,
>
> Le 22 août 10 à 19:19, Peter Haworth a écrit :
>
>> It appears that datagrid column names cannot be numeric?
> Right! datagrid does not like numeric column names
> But it is possible to have columns with alpha column names and
> numeric column labels.
>
> For example "Ten, Eleven, Twelve" as names
> and 2010, 2011, 2012 as labels
>
> André
>
>> I have a datagrid that has alpha column names followed by some
>> numeric ones. No matter what method I use for filling in the data,
>> the columns with alpha names display correctly but the columns with
>> numeric names are empty.  If I change the column names to be alpha
>> and put the numeric value in the column label field, all works fine.
>>
>> Pete Haworth

Jim Ault
Las Vegas