Code signing certificate

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Fri Aug 20 16:50:35 EDT 2010

On Aug 19, 2010, at 1:40 AM, Jim Sims wrote:

> Does anyone on this List actually use a Code signing certificate
> with apps they build in Rev?

Yes. I sign all of my ScreenSteps related desktop applications and
installers.

> If so, would you explain how you do it?  IOW would you please
> describe the process for doing this for a Rev app?

I took a lot of notes when I was going through the whole process of
getting a certificate and figuring out how to sign. I've been meaning
to post some tutorials on the lessons.runev.com site but I just
haven't had time to go back and create a coherent tutorial yet.

Once you have all of the proper files on your computer it is pretty
straightforward to sign an executable each time you build it. It's
just a matter of calling something like the following on the command
line in Windows:

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Platform SDK for Windows Server 2003 R2\Bin
\signtool.exe" sign /f C:\my_code_signing.pfx /t http://timestamp.comodoca.com/authenticode
  /p YOUR_PFX_PASSWORD "Z:\Path\To\My\Executable\ScreenSteps.exe"

I'll see if I can get something posted by the end of next week the
explains the process.

> My guess is that nobody does.

That would be incorrect :-)

--