Accessing custom props using array notation

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Thu Aug 19 12:38:42 EDT 2010

On Aug 19, 2010, at 10:25 AM, Kevin Miller wrote:

> On 19/08/2010 17:16, "Devin Asay" <devin_asay at byu.edu> wrote:
>
>> True enough, but can you do the opposite?
>>
>> put "state" & 1 into tPropName
>> put the tPropName of image "myImg" into foo
>>
>> Unless memory fails, you can't do that--I've tried it; i.e., you can't
>> dynamically build property names to access existing custom props.
>>
>> I would be love to be proven wrong. ;-)
>
> Well it should work and it does here.

Well, shut my mouth! That'll teach me to rely on faulty memory! (I blame space aliens and nano-brain-implants.) This works perfectly:

  put "state" & tNum into tMyProp
  set the text of img "myImg" of me to the tmyProp of img "myImg"

Jacque, could I get a copy of your time warp stack so I can not write my original post yesterday?

Thanks, Kevin!

Devin Asay
Brigham Young University