(data grid) is there a good workaround for obtaining other column values in FillInData for a Data Grid Table?

Josh Mellicker josh at dvcreators.net
Tue Aug 17 22:15:40 EDT 2010

Let's say you had a data grid table with three columns, and you wanted the first column to be the sum of the other two, like this:

10	7	3
5	2	3
7	4	3

How would you calculate the first column while the table is filling in?

---

Originally, we looped through the data and did the calculations, then put the data into the data grid. Now the data set is getting so large that this is too slow, looping through once to calc, then again for the grid. So we're thinking doing the calculation in FillInData would be more efficient. If possible.

It's easy to find any field value in a Data Grid form, since pData is an array with the row values, but we'd like to avoid switching to a form.