Conversion of large Hypercard Stack to Revolution

Richard Holton Pierce richard.pierce at rihopi.on-rev.com
Sun Aug 15 04:36:27 EDT 2010

I am not a professional programmer but had worked with Hypercard from
its inception, and went over to Revolution as soon as I became aware of
its existence.

I have been able to convert most of my stacks flawlessly, with one
exception. In the late 1990s I produced a stack for a research project
in Russian which contained 119,000 cards (sic!). It has become necessary
to reactivate this stack, and to convert it to Revolution Enterprise 4.5
I have followed the prescribed Revolution procedure. After conversion,
all the functions I had built into the stack work as they should, but
the converted stack contains only 28,005 cards.

Is there a built-in limit on how many cards a conversion can accommodate?

Is there a work-around?

Any advice appreciated.

Hopefully,

Richard Pierce