Multi-dimensional arrays, tutorial?

Jim Ault jimaultwins at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 10 04:15:57 EDT 2010

I only have time for a quick hint.
I think you need to create each node before defining the next child
level.
Kind of like 'create folder' at each level in the directory.
When I did this a year ago I recall I used nested repeat loops and
the array names in strings.  I built the requisite strings, then
parsed them as I spun everything into all the dimensions.

put pData into the databaseArray[pCompany]
put pData into the databaseArray[pCompany][pPerson]
put pData into the databaseArray[pCompany][pPerson][pName]

Persistence is probably something like arrayEncode()

Use the Rev arrayEncode function to convert an array into a string so
that it can be saved to a file or sent across a network.

On Aug 10, 2010, at 12:53 AM, FlexibleLearning wrote:

> Can someone point me to an explanation or tutorial on using
> multi-dimensional arrays, and specifically persistence between
> sessions?
> Okay, so I'm a trifle late to the party but I am here now!
>
> I am making no headway at all from such information as I can find in
> the dox
> so obviously I have my fundamentals in a twist... For example 'put
> pData
> into the databaseArray[pCompany][pPerson][pName] of this stack' ain't
> co-operating.

Jim Ault
Las Vegas