Classic CGI on Win

Pierre Sahores psahores at free.fr
Mon Aug 9 07:45:25 EDT 2010

Malte,

Richard, Andre and others may help you more directly than me ...

My last experience about using a server side solution on the win platform (1998, win NT 4 server, Apache 1.3, PHP + MC + PG) did'nt never work very well. Why ? The win NT RAM management was so sad in this config that the server had to be rebooted, at least on time per 24 hours...

After that, i always used Linux or OS X (desktop, not server) configs to set up all my n-tier apps solutions.

Frankly, you will avoid lots of unwanted problems (security related included) if you choose to install your revCGI (or revServer) powered n-tier solution on, even, a linux powered N270 subnotebook + external 3.5" 7200 t/mn HD instead of on any 720 QM (or more) powered windows box ....

Hope this can help.

Best Regards, Pierre