[ANNOYANCE] Custom protocols that are not registered do not trigger browserBeforeNavigate correctly on windows.

Terry Judd tsj at unimelb.edu.au
Mon Aug 9 00:47:11 EDT 2010

What's really annoying is that you used to be able to grab data from form
elements using browserBeforeNavigate - the values of the form elements would
be reported in the url variable, even if no action was ascribed to the form.
This was really useful as you could use a webform to capture some user
entered data, intercept it with browserBeforeNavigate, process and/or store
it in Rev and then do some other stuff - in some cases removing the need for
server-side logic or cookies (for example, I used it to store and retrieve
student's quiz answers submitted during a session).

This still works in OSX (you just have to parse some 'garbage' off the front
of the URL) but broke in one of the earlier versions of the revBrowser
externals for Windows. AFAIA, it still works with the original altBrowser
external.

I reported this some time ago (more than 3 years) but it was never fixed and
my original bug report has disappeared. I for one would like to see this
feature reinstated.

Anyone else?

--
Dr Terry Judd | Senior Lecturer in Medical Education
Medical Education Unit