Making clickable text links in Rev

Monte Goulding monte at sweattechnologies.com
Sun Aug 8 22:18:49 EDT 2010

Where there's a will there's a way.

For starters look at htmlText in the dictionary. If pre-parsing the text you want to put in your field and adding the links won't work then you might try checking out the mouseText and clickText functions. For this method let's say you had a list of words that you want to link to actions. You can create a custom property set in your field uLinkWord. The keys of the set are the words. The values are the handler you want executed if the word is clicked. Then the field script is something like this:

on mouseUp
	local tAction
	put the uLinkWord[the clicktText] of me into tAction
	if tAction <> "" then dispatch tAction
	pass mouseUp
end mouseUp

If you want to use the same handler with the word as a parameter then just use a custom property with a list of words.
on mouseUp
	if the clicktText is among the lines of the uLinkWords of me then dispatch linkHandler with the clicktText
	pass mouseUp
end mouseUp

on linkHandler pWord
 -- do what you want here