Activate Rev Media ?!

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Aug 7 17:38:59 EDT 2010

On 8/7/10 3:10 PM, Timothy Miller wrote:

> If I have RevMedia 4.0 on one machine and 3.0 on the other, moving
> stacks back and forth, am I at risk for trouble?

No, it should work fine. The stacks are in the same format. The only
problem you might have is if you write new scripts that use 4.0 features
which won't be supported in 3.0. It doesn't sound like you're doing that.

Your license info is stored in a licensing folder inside your user's
Library/Application Support/Runtime Revolution/ folder. I'm not sure
exactly how it works, but you can remove the folder to make Rev believe
you are an unlicensed user. Then the next time you launch Rev it will
ask for your license and if it matches the version of Rev you are
launching, you're good to go.

If any of the licensing files were removed or damaged somehow, you'd get
the behavior you saw.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com