E-mailing data file

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Aug 5 11:07:33 EDT 2010

charles61 wrote:

 > Wow!  I really appreciate your suggestions on e-mailing data.
 > This is something I hope to add on to my app after it is
 > deployed. I don't have any experience with CGI. So thanks again!!!

Charles, your life is about to change.  :)

Getting started with CGIs can be daunting at first because in many ways
it's quite different from writing in a desktop app.

But once you get the hang of it and you've ironed out all your 500
errors (yes, you'll have them, but most are caused by only three issues
so when you encounter 'em just post here and we'll help you sort 'em
out) you'll have all sorts of ideas for ways you can use CGIs.

Pretty soon you'll be the master of your server, able to have it do your
bidding when called from your stacks or your browser.  It'll open many
new worlds of discovery and personal achievement.

I can't stress enough how helpful Jacque's tutorial is for getting
started with CGIs:
<http://hyperactivesw.com/cgitutorial/>

You're about to have a very good time.  Let us know how it goes.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World