Keeping On-Rev Scripts and Data From Prying Eyes

Pierre Sahores psahores at free.fr
Thu Aug 5 08:29:13 EDT 2010

> Thanks Richard and Pierre,
>
> Keep scripts in a folder outside of public_HTML, or as Pierre suggests, the cgi-bin folder.  Good stuff.  Does the same apply for data files that need read and write access by the scripts?

Best than putting them in the cgi-bin, i always prefer to set to be a read-only dir, each time we need to push data files away from eyes, it's mostly simple to put them inside a private htaccess/htpasswd protected directory (need login/passwd authentication on the web side ; full accessible to the irev scripts as a simple local filesystem directory).