[RevServer tips] Spreading the load or why wise developers use asynchronous workflows

Andre Garzia andre at andregarzia.com
Wed Aug 4 12:54:02 EDT 2010

Wayne,

you got it wrong, it is a per process limitation. The policies change from
shared hosting company to shared hosting company. At On-Rev means that a
single process can only use 30 secs of processing time, this is done
precisely to prevent a rogue process from using all the resources and thus
making the life of other users a mess. No one can hog the whole server for
30 seconds because, there is a CPU limit as well. It is not just time, the
limits are set so all users can reach the limit without affecting each
other. Thats the idea

Andre