Harry Potter's magic button - a solution to another tricky group bug

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Aug 3 22:10:30 EDT 2010

On 8/3/10 2:55 PM, Wilhelm Sanke wrote:

> 1. The magic button - as a workaround - resolves the group bug that
>
> YOU CANNOT SET THE LOC OF AN IMAGE IN A GROUP IF THE IMAGE IS SMALLER
> THAN THE GROUP.
>
> In the case of a smaller image the scriptline "set the loc of image "x"
> to the loc of group "y"" will place the image at the topleft corner of
> the group instead (unless the loc of the image is already exactly
> identical with the group loc).

I downloaded your stack and took a look. The problem isn't an unlocked
group (your group was locked.) It seems to be the scrollbars around the
group. If I turn them off, it all works as expected.

So something about a group with scrollbars is causing the problem but I
can't tell what. By the way, the image doesn't always pop to the top
left of the group. If you drag it past the bottom right corner, for
example, it will go almost to the center (but not quite.) So it's being
offset to the left and top by some amount. Your scrollbars were
inactive, but the image is behaving as though the group is scrolled and
it's looking for the center of the virtual group space. It should, of
course, look for the group's location on the card instead.

I'm not sure why the extra button makes a difference, unless it simply
jolts the engine into realizing where the topleft corner of the group is.

The work-around would be to turn off scollbars, set the loc of the
image, and then turn them on again. It should happen pretty fast, but
you could lock the screen in case.

It would be good to update the bug report so the team knows what exactly
to look at.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com