[OT] GameOver Mr. Jobs

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Thu Apr 29 14:31:43 EDT 2010

  On 29/04/2010 20:20, Bob Sneidar wrote:
> Yes, that was what they called it. I believe that if real Turquoise could speak, it would express vehement dismay for the association with the actual color Apple used. :-)

More a virulent, vaguely polluted, tropical lagoon sort of colour.

When the original G3 iMacs came out I thought that the design was jolly
good but the colours were foul and infantile. I was extremely lucky to
get a brand new G3 second version Smoke-grey slot-loader which is
still doing sterling service, largely as a DVD and CD player, at the front
of my school.

The turquoise "horror" came about because my father had need of
a Mac as a backup for his Open University studies and I was offered
it for £10 in a Pawnshop in Dundee: maxed out the RAM, shoved a
40 GB hard drive in it: installed 10.3 on it when my G4 went 'up' to
10.4 and, although glacially slow when more than one App is running,
it does the trick both for Dad and me.

Everytime I see the 'beast' I just Thank the gods of rock and roll that I
didn't end up with a "spotty dog" . . .  :)