OT: MacBookPro advice needed.

Jim Kanter jim at d-film.com
Thu Apr 29 12:39:41 EDT 2010

I used to lug a 17" around and a couple of years ago I switched to a
15". Fits into more accessories (messenger bags, etc.) as well as
being lighter and opens more easily in an airliner. I am strongly
considering going back to the 17" on the next pass as I work in video
and being able to see a full HD frame is becoming more important every
day.

The weight difference does become important if you're lugging it
around all day but not if it's just basically going between home and
office. Carrying a 17" with accessories in a backpack around a
convention hall for 8 hours does take its toll on your back.