OT: MacBookPro advice needed.

Peter Alcibiades palcibiades-first at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Apr 28 14:13:33 EDT 2010

kee nethery wrote:

> My advice is smaller is better......

Yes, very much agreed.  The last laptop I bought for someone, I had him go
into stores, talk to his friends, pick up and carry around their 15 and 17
inch laptops, as well as smaller ones, and think about how he would feel
with that over his shoulder on the train or underground, along with books
and papers.  The application was working in reference libraries, on
materials you can't either photocopy or photograph, as well as occasional
use in other travel situations.

We ended up buying him a Thinkpad X series, 12.1 inch screen with a neoprene
envelope for when he stuffs it in his backpack or briefcase, and he is very
happy with it.  If you use (or in this case teach someone to use) virtual
desktops properly, small screens are much less of a problem.