browser can't find .irev files on new on-rev subdomain

Martin Baxter mb.userev at harbourhosting.co.uk
Wed Apr 28 03:35:18 EDT 2010

Martin,

I don't have any suggestions about your index.* files not being served,
though it sounds like there is some unintended redirection occurring.

However you can turn the directory file listing off by adding this line
in the .htaccess file:

Options All -Indexes

That will then generate an error if anybody does e.g.

http://www.yourdomain.com/directory_with_no_index_file/

"Directory listing denied" or whatever

The .htaccess file will affect the directory it is in and all its
subdirectories

This was one of the first things I changed when I got my on-rev account.
They are set up rather insecurely by default, in my view.

Martin Baxter

--
I am Not a Number, I am a free NaN