Richmond goes data-mining (a.k.a. shovelling through the sh..)

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Apr 27 15:28:01 EDT 2010

Peter Alcibiades wrote:
> Jacque, what about record sound and record video?  They're marked in my
> dictionary as being Mac +Windows only.  I haven't tried to use either one.

Oh right, I forgot those too. Basically the browser, speech, and
recording features are all implemented as externals. Ditto dynamic font
called on to implement these things. If Linux doesn't provide that then
it would likely be a lot of work to write each of them from scratch.
It's my guess that's the reason they aren't available on that OS.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com