For newbies by newbie

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Sun Apr 25 22:33:28 EDT 2010

Graham-

Sunday, April 25, 2010, 6:56:39 PM, you wrote:

> This is not in any documentation that I have seen, so I would
> like to know if it is documented anywhere, or is reasonably well
> known. Otherwise, it would be a good candidate for inclusion in the
> article._______________________________________________

You don't need to double-click - a single click is all it takes.
Clicking on a column in the header bar sorts items by that column.
That's the way most apps work. And it's in the User Guide. I rarely
use any view other than the Layer view for the simple reason that, as
you mentioned, it does indent to show the object hierarchy. And your
last sort mode is saved in rev's preferences, so that you really never
need to switch back and forth. The only time I change from Layer mode
(and back again quickly) is if there are a lot of controls and I need
to find one alphabetically. But I'm surprised to find that the User
Guide doesn't mention the indented layers as a feature.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net