New to the Revolution

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Sun Apr 25 02:18:57 EDT 2010

Mark-

Saturday, April 24, 2010, 10:54:49 PM, Kay wrote:

> all the links you've been given are extremely good, but at the end of the
> day, the fact that you've found this List means you have a huge head-start.

Drat - I forgot to mention that. Yes - this list is the best runrev
resource there is, and the gmane archives are the second-best. Bring
on the dumb noob questions and you'll find a community ready to help
you through those awkward first (second, nth) steps without too much
rtfming. Just don't mention politics, religion or cheese here.

> Give it two weeks. One week to accept the fact that Rev just doesn't work
> the same as Director or Flash (or anything else you may have worked with),
> and another week to get your head use to Stacks, sub-stacks, cards, objects
> and events.

> Then the penny will drop and you'll be on your way to your own Revolution
> :-)

There's a pretty steep learning curve right at the beginning, but once
you get to that aha! moment life will never be the same.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net