where is RevWeb (or a bunch of other stuff for that matter) for linux?

Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com
Sat Apr 24 23:53:55 EDT 2010

Richmond descriptively wrote:
> The bug reports seem to indicate that many of these 'shortcomings'
> were pointed out
> as far back as 2.1; and nothing has been done about them.
> --
> My hunchback, mentally defective brother lives in the cellar;
> I hope that if I ignore
> him long enough he will die or vanish - unfortunately, occasionally,
> people passing by, seeing his horribly deformed visage through the
> cellar bars telephone me and
> remind me that, however ugly, deformed and second-class he is,
> he is still a human
> being who needs to be treated with compassion and dignity: I
> remain silent, and, I suppose,
> that after some time people will stop bothering me about him.

Great story, by the way!  I think Linux is considered to be the ugly one
that nobody wants to associate with.  I understand that revMobile, iPads,
and other Apple doodads are the buzz right now, but the "coming soon"
revWeb plugin reminds me alot of the "coming soon" *nix versions of Rev
that was reduced to only Linux. I was so pleased when Bill Marriott guided
the Rev team into re-aligning the platforms to bring Linux up to spec for
2.9.  Well, it's being ignored again, and who's going to fill his shoes to
keep Linux development moving forward?

Best regards,
~Roger Eller