RevMail

Warren Samples warren at warrensweb.us
Wed Apr 21 23:37:41 EDT 2010

use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com wrote on Mon, 19 Apr 2010
07:30:49 -0500:

>Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 19:38:24 +0200
>From: Jean-Pierre Soto <jean-pierre.soto at wanadoo.fr>
>Subject: RevMail
>To: use-revolution at lists.runrev.com
>
>Hello,
>
>I want to use the revMail function , but the size of text seems to be
>limited. What can I do?
>

>Thanks

Hello :)

I don't think the idea of having a message copied to the clipboard for
pasting is really such a shameful thing. It is almost certain that you
have users who utilize web-based mail services instead of desktop
clients and launching a local client is going to be useless for those
users, for whom the copy+paste method is ideal.

I wonder, though, if maybe the smoothest user experience would come with
using smtp and sending the message directly from the application. There
are several excellent library stacks available, including one by Sarah,
which make this very easy to do. There are lots of commercial smtp relay
services and many of them are reasonably affordable for small volume
users. You could subscribe to such a service and hardwire the server
information into your app, obviating the need for your user to provide
any information other than the feedback. It may be worth consideration,
anyway.

Cheers,

Warren Samples