[DataGrid] scrolling with and without scrollbar visible

Andre.Bisseret Andre.Bisseret at inria.fr
Wed Apr 21 07:14:59 EDT 2010

Bonjour,

Not a pressing problem; but just to better understand the dataGrid
functionning:

The dataGrid docs says:
"scroll when hscrollbar is hidden
scroll when vscrollbar is hidden
- By default a data grid will not respond to the mouse scroll wheel,
page up, page down, home or
end if the scrollbar is hidden. Set this property to true if you would
like to override this behavior. This
is useful if you want to create custom scrollbars."

So
Have a dataGrid whose
- the dgProp["show Vscrollbar"] is false
- dgProp["scroll when vscrollbar is hidden"] is false

Then:
- the mouse scroll wheel does'nt work : OK, expected

But,
1 - the arrow keys "page up" and "page down" are working (get the
dataGrid scrolling with them)

2 -  if I create an external custom vertical scrollbar,
    or, as well, if I create a scrolling field with which I coordinate
the dgVScroll, then it works

 From the doc I understand it should not work (case 1 or 2 as well);
am I missing something?
The same (2) happens with Hscrollbar hidden and "dgProp["scroll when
Hscrollbar is hidden"] is false

I can't verify the effect of "home" and "end" keys as they do nothing
on the dataGrid regardless of the setting (hscrollbar visible or not
and "scroll when hscrollbar is hidden" true or false) Don't know why?
(could be a setting of my system (Mac OS X) I am not aware of?

Thanks in advance for any explanation

Best regards from Grenoble

André