Specialfolderpath (26) and roaming

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Apr 19 13:54:56 EDT 2010

ron barber wrote:
> Hi,
> At one point I thought this discussion was decided in favor of using
> specialfolderpath(35) rather than (26). If I remember, it had
> something to do with the way Win 7 handled installations. Is it better
> to use (26) or (35)?

It depends on what you want. Folder (26) points to user-specific data,
and (35) points to shared data for all users. So if you want your app to
use the same data for every installed account, you'd put it into 35; if
you only want the data to be used by a single user account (like a prefs
file, maybe) then use 26.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com