(no subject)

Andre.Bisseret Andre.Bisseret at inria.fr
Sun Apr 18 09:06:26 EDT 2010

Bonjour Haroldo,
Welcome to the list :-)))

Le 18 avr. 10 à 13:29, Haroldo Mauro Jr. a écrit :

> Hi everybody, I just joined this list. I used Hypercard for many
> years, since I got my first Mac in 1991. Then, some years ago
> swiched to  Supercard, which I've been using a lot.  I've had
> Revolution Studio for over a year but only now am trying to use it
> more steadly. So, here's what I need help with right now.
> In a converted Hypercard stack, an arrowKey handler in the stack
> script is not behaving as expected. So I checked the Revolution
> dictionary and found this example below, which I tested on my stack
> and it didn't work, just the same:
>
> (example from Rev dictionary)
> on arrowKey theKey -- make Up arrow go to the first card
>  if theKey is "up" then go to card 1
>  else pass arrowKey
> end arrowKey
>
> Instead of going to card 1 it kept going to the next card each time
> I pressed the up arrow key, and after the last card the stack just
> closed.

I just made
-  a new main stack
- pasted  the handler above in the stack script

then it is working as expected. Il I am on card 2 or 3, pressing the
up arrow key leads me to card 1

I am on RunRev Enterprise. I havn't RunRev Studio. But I tried with
RunRev Media, and it is running as expected as well.

Well, don"t know why it is not the case for you; hav'nt you kept
another handler somewhere which could interfere? (take precedence over
this one)

Best regards from Grenoble

André