(no subject)

Haroldo Mauro Jr. hmauro at hmauro.com
Sun Apr 18 07:29:33 EDT 2010

Hi everybody, I just joined this list. I used Hypercard for many years, since I got my first Mac in 1991. Then, some years ago swiched to  Supercard, which I've been using a lot.  I've had Revolution Studio for over a year but only now am trying to use it more steadly. So, here's what I need help with right now.
In a converted Hypercard stack, an arrowKey handler in the stack script is not behaving as expected. So I checked the Revolution dictionary and found this example below, which I tested on my stack and it didn't work, just the same:

(example from Rev dictionary)
on arrowKey theKey -- make Up arrow go to the first card
  if theKey is "up" then go to card 1
  else pass arrowKey
end arrowKey

Instead of going to card 1 it kept going to the next card each time I pressed the up arrow key, and after the last card the stack just closed.

Here's my original handler, from the Hypercard stack script, which doens't work:
(handler is in stack script)
on arrowKey whichKey
  if whichKey is "right" then
    if the optionKey is down then
      go first card of next bg
    else
      go next card of this bg
    end if
  end if
  if whichKey is "left" then
    if the optionKey is down then
      go last card of previous bg
    else
      go previous card of this bg
    end if
  end if
end arrowKey

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
Harold