How to make print card work in Linux: solved

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 12:19:05 EDT 2010

  On 15/04/2010 19:14, J. Landman Gay wrote:
> Peter Alcibiades wrote:
>
>> Instead what you do is start from whatever startup stack you are
>> using to launch, or start up the compiled app.  Then do the print.
>> Make a note of the settings. Then close the stack, open it in the
>> IDE, modify the settings, recompile if need be, close down Rev, start
>> up from the startup stack or the compiled app, print again, make a
>> note of the settings.
>
> Can't you just use "Suspend development tools" in the Development
> menu? That's supposed to do the same thing. It removes the IDE.

I love "Suspend development tools"; without it I would have got exactly
nowhere with my Devawriter - everytime I did a mouseOver
on an image/button with a wonky script the whole stack would lock up;
so, shut the thing down and then sort it out.

Being a slow learner it took me 2 years to find that; never looked back
since!