RunRev and Linux,> Peter Alcibiades palc

Peter Alcibiades palcibiades-first at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Apr 12 03:29:56 EDT 2010

I shall wait for 4.5 and hope that these issues are fixed in it.  Meanwhile,
I'll learn either PyQT or RealBasic in parallel, because I have to have a
Plan B.  And either one is going to provide the intellectual exercise that
was one motive for getting into Rev.  I'll use Rev as little as possible
meanwhile, with Geany as an external editor.  I'll rewrite my reporting
stuff in awk and pass it to a spreadsheet or word processor for printing.
I've downloaded the dictionary in html, so at least it can be open in
readable and somewhat searchable form on another desktop.

And, as Richmond suggests, go for long walks in the hills.  Where I live
this translates to go for long rows on the lakes and rivers of this watery
landscape, but whatever.  Its an alternative method of keeping blood flowing
in the brain, and a valuable antidote to intellectual frustration!

Thanks to you all for listening, and thanks to you in particular, Richard,
for your patient replies.