[OT] What's an iPad?

Neal Campbell nealk3nc at gmail.com
Sun Apr 11 11:59:21 EDT 2010

I had mine delivered from China on April 3rd since I ordered it the day it
was available for ordering. I got the 64GB unit and its an amazing device.

I think the reviewer I read that said it was the first information consumer
device had it about right. There is no manual, you just press the big button
and start poking and sliding your way around it. Its very snappy, the screen
is beautiful and the ipad apps are very intuitive (but I also have an
iPhone).

Instead of keeping my laptop by my TV room chair, I have my iPad on its
stand. When you want to do that quick email check (or query IMDB.org while
watching a movie to get the real scoop on it), its perfect. Its not for
programming or multi-page writing but the touch keyboard when in landscape
view is almost the size of a mini keyboard.

It should kill the netbook craze as well as the Kindle (anyone want  to buy
a used Kindle DX)? The Kindle app on the iPad is really nice and the iBook
app is even nicer. I wish you could natively read pdf files but that means
Apple allows Adobe to exist on the same planet and that obviously isn't
happening.

My wife is wavering on getting one. She wavered on the iPhone also and now
things its the best device she has ever seen. I predict my iPad will become
hers when the next gen comes around.

Best wishes

Neal Campbell
Abroham Neal Software