[ANN] tRev Magic Menus: contextual, mouse-free menus

Peter Alcibiades palcibiades-first at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Apr 10 22:39:42 EDT 2010

On the basis that maybe it could be something about all three of the systems
it occurred on today, which admittedly are all running Debian, though with
very different installation and use histories, I moved Rev to Slitaz running
in Sun's non-free Virtual Box on one of them, and did the same thing, and
got just about the same result.  This time it was a freeze which the only
way out of was to shutdown the session in X windows by force.

Now this is a barebones install of Slitaz, which is itself just about as as
bare as you can get, the only thing it has on it, apart from the base
system, is Rev Studio gm1, 4.0.0, build 950, ligthpttd, user space NFS.  It
does not even have CUPS or printing or Office installed.   It uses PCManFM
and Open Box, whereas on my real system its Thunar and Fluxbox, and on the
ones in the office they are on Gnome with Nautilus.

So, what are we going to suggest next?  Is it the wrong kind of code?  Is
there something about the way I've written my app that can cause the IDE
editor to crash during cut and paste? Is that really possible?

Peter