What does the 4.0 iPhone SDK mean for revMobile?

Colin Holgate coiin at verizon.net
Sat Apr 10 16:41:57 EDT 2010

On Apr 10, 2010, at 3:26 PM, François Chaplais wrote:

> >could not this boil down to an small extra number of API that have to be "enforced" in revmobile in order to have proper multitasking?

I just did a test, to check a theory I had. An XCode project I have that was built for 3.1.3 shows the problem where if you fast app switch back to it, it starts from scratch. I built it again for SDK4, and now it remembers its state, without me having to do any code changes.

So, it does seem there are multitasking fixes in the new SDK. The best case for us all would be if Apple changed their rules to state that the apps must comply with whatever OS4 features they want it to, and that they stop worrying so much about the programming language that was used. Then Rev could make the fixes needed so that our iPhone Rev apps do the right thing when it comes to multitasking.