printPaperRectangle

Peter Alcibiades palcibiades-first at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Apr 10 13:04:25 EDT 2010

I had agreed to try motif look and feel to see if it make any difference to
the print card problem, and no, it does not.  A card printed with look and
feel set to motif looks identical to one with look and feel set to anything
else.

In the process of experimentation, it seemed reasonable to try to use the
printPaperRectangle property.

This seems to offer a cast iron solution.  It appears to work like this.
You get the property.  It then tells you what Rev thinks the page area is
which is available to it.  Aha, one thinks.  This is easy.  What an idiot.
What an obvious solution.  We just have to ask Rev what it thinks the page
is that it has available, then print the card into it.  This must work.

Did it from the message box, and the answer supplied was indeed different
from the coordinates in use.  Its going to work!

Wrong.  The result of printing the card with these coordinates is that part
of the card, truncated, appears in a small part of the page at the top
left.  So what exactly is the printPaperRectangle supplying us with?

Peter