Question about RevMobile

rand valentine jrvalent at wisc.edu
Sat Apr 10 11:36:12 EDT 2010

Hi, all. I'm somewhat dismayed by Apple's new agreement that seems to me to
quite clearly lock out RevMobile at present. I have purchased it but not
even received it yet! And it's not cheap, as you know. I've got a question
about implementing anything on an iDevice-- say I write a cute little
program using RevMobile, and just want to run it on my own iPad (which I do
not presently own :-)) -- is this not possible -- surely the only way to get
anything on your iPad isn't through the Apple Store? How does this work? You
see, while I'd love to get rich writing nifty iDevice apps, I am primarily a
researcher, and Rev's boon to my existence has always been its capacity to
allow me to rapidly develop killer apps for research that I use and share
with a few friends who do similar research. But I'm thinking now that
perhaps I was misguided in thinking this way about iDevices PRIOR to Apple's
C-change.

And I must say, although I've owned Macs since first purchasing a new
MacPlus, this latest draconian proclamation is the first time I've REALLY
SERIOUSLY felt the need to reconsider my loyalty to such a company.

rand