sqlYoga: sqlite primary key and a few detailed questions

David Bovill david at vaudevillecourt.tv
Tue Apr 6 13:44:51 EDT 2010

I've had some time to start implementing the local handler database in
sqlYoga: and have noticed a couple of things:

   1. An sqlite table "handler" db with a field "id" set as a primary key
   does not show in the db schema of sqlYoga. Do I have to script this using
   something ike "sqlrecord_set theRecordA, "id", theProjectID" - and if so
   using a model behavior called when the table is created?
   2. How do I delete multiple records - can;t find an example to learn from
   - I'm trying something along the lines of:

      -- put "id is in :1" into theParamsA ["conditions"]
      -- put "1,2" into theParamsA ["condition bindings"]["1"]

      put "handler.object is ':1'" into theParamsA ["conditions"]
      put someObject into theParamsA ["condition bindings"]["1"]
      sqlrecord_find "handler", theParamsA, theRecordsA

      sqlrecord_delete theRecordA

But I'm only getting one record returned in theRecordsA. Does anyone have a
code snippet for deleting multiple records?

I'd also love to know a little about how to pass the arrays around between
"objects" - I'm digging into the innards of the arrays now, but it would be
great to have some more examples? Like how do you take an array from
sqlquery_X and use it with sqlrecord_

Finally in the example below:

put sqlrecord_createObject("projects") into theRecordA

>  ## Fill in primary key field for 'projects'
> sqlrecord_set theRecordA, "id", theProjectID
>
> ## Delete record
> sqlrecord_delete theRecordA put the result into theError

 does - "sqlrecord_set theRecordA, "id", theProjectID" really set the
primary key - it is not in the API documentation, or is it something
specific to the record object?