[ANN] [OT] First iPad app approved

Thomas McGrath III mcgrath3 at mac.com
Fri Apr 2 01:08:33 EDT 2010

This is mostly off topic but while I am waiting for revMobile to become a solid option I was able over the past three and a half weeks to design and build my first iPad application and was approved for inclusion in the grand opening of the iPad Store.

The app is a communication software with voice synthesis for people who can not speak. The field which I have been in for almost twenty years is AAC - Alternative Augmented Communication. Typically these systems cost in the thousands but with my new software "My Pad Speaks" and a $499 iPad a user can have a system for under $600 bucks. Now that is a great mix of technology and innovation. My application has space for up to 10,000 words in an easy to use and easy to learn interface. I have included themes of both backgrounds and buttons for end users to customize the system to their personality. This is a fun application with a serious side.

"My Pad Speaks" will be unveiled during the grand opening of the iPad store this saturday along with the delivery of the iPad simultaneously in 80 countries.

My new website (the old one died) is on my on-rev server and can be found at:  http://mypad.lazyriver.on-rev.com/

Except for the voice synthesis part this entire project could have been done in revMobile and would have been easier to do in a shorter period of time. I can't wait for revMobile.

Tom McGrath III
Lazy River Software
http://lazyriver.on-rev.com
3mcgrath at comcast.net

DeMoted - Have you DeMoted Someone today?
http://demoted.lazyriver.on-rev.com

On the iTune App Store
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/demoted/id355925236?mt=8