Rotating Polygons

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 17:46:53 EDT 2009

Mark Wieder wrote:
> Well, yes, but note that fill patterns and gradients don't rotate with
> the graphic, so I would question the definition of "perfectly".

Hey-Ho; I found that one out at the conference and it is a right thorn
in the flesh.

Re: "perfectly"; this is another word that is fairly nebulous.

However revRotatePoly works as well for irregular polygons as
set the angle  does for regular polygons.

As fillGradients and patterns are governed by their own parameters
(rather than being 'part of' the object to which they have been applied)
those have to be juggled to; hence my remarks a few weeks ago about
Ben Beaumont's Rotating Balls . . .

The problem with fillGradient is to keep the relationship between TO,
FROM and VIA intact whilst rotating them with the graphic object.