StandAlone - where is the stack window?

Jim Bufalini jim at visitrieve.com
Tue Sep 29 00:49:41 EDT 2009

Mike,

> Thank you very much for your suggestions.  In fact, I did not have
> 'Search for Inclusions', but changed to that setting. I added a beep
> in the repeat loop, 5 beeps in the openStack and 2 in the
> preOpenStack, just for kicks.
>
> When I open the stack in the development environment, I get the 5
> beeps, and if I send a startup message I get the 1 beep from the
> repeat. (no preOpenStack)
>
> But in the standalone, I just get the repeat loop beep.  No openStack
> message (or preOpenStack), which (as you know) is rather ominous,
> since the doc clearly states that 'The openStack message is sent after
> the stack is visible.'
>
> And yes, you caught me, no real exit from the loop, but FilterReport-
>  >Quit seems to work great  for now :-), though not as satisfactory in
> the development environment ... one brick at a time.  In this case,
> nothing to save, so no real worries.
>
> Should the standalone build not find its own inclusions, or do I need
> to specifically include something?

It "should" but sometimes doesn't. ;-) It absolutely won't, if you have a
protected stack. Do you? Always safer to select your own inclusions.

Since I have no idea what's in your InitAll command, I can't even guess what
you need to include. But, since you say it works in the IDE, and not in the
Standalone, it has to be the includes.

So switch back to Select Includes and select anything that even remotely
seems related to your code. If the stack then shows, you can back out
includes that probably are not the problem.

I also don't know the flow of your app, but I would guess you could move all
of your code to a preOpenStack rather than Startup.

Aloha from Hawaii,

Jim Bufalini